- 1⁄4cup margarine
- 1small sweet onion, chopped
- 1small green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1(24 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 12eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2lb cubed ham or 1⁄2 lb thin sliced ham or 1⁄2 lb cooked crumbled bacon or 1⁄2-1 lbsausage
- 3cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Melt margarine and place in the bottom of 9″ by 13″ baking pan.
Spread potatoes (still frozen is okay) in bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle chopped vegetables over potatoes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle meat over potatoes and vegetables.
Note: At this point you may continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
Pour beaten eggs over potatoes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
Bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven and let set for approximately 5 minutes.
Cut into 2.5″-3″ squares and serve with a spatula. Enjoy.