- 2medium butternut squash (4 to 5 pounds total)
- 6 -8tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
Cut the squash into 1 1/4″ to 1 1/2″ cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
Adjust seasonings if needed.