- 3quarts lightly salted popped popcorn
- 1cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2cup sweet unsalted butter (USE REAL BUTTER)
- 1⁄4cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2cup peanuts (optional)
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1lb dipping milk chocolate (Ghirardelli’s)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the popped corn in the largest baking pan you have (might have to do it in 2 batches if you only have a 9×13). You need to be able to stir the popcorn!
- Melt butter in a very large saucepan (see step 6).
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stirring CONSTANTLY, bring to a boil and boil 5 minute.
- Add peanuts (if desired).
- Add soda (will foam up, so be ready).
- Pour caramel over popcorn and mix well.
- Bake popcorn one hour, stirring every 10-15 minute.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. You’ll have to stir it every once in a while so it doesn’t stick together.
- Spray a cookie sheet with oil or cover with parchment paper.
- Melt half of chocolate per package directions (you can melt more when you need it).
- Dip popcorn pieces in chocolate and place chocolate-covered popcorn pieces individually on the cookie sheet so they can set up.
- Popcorn can be stored at room temp or in the refrigerator. Just keep cool so it doesn’t melt.
Was This Post Helpful: