This gluten-free, vegan, and Paleo recipe from blogger Melissa King is the a great dessert to have on hand. These decadent cups are naturally flavored with spices and maple syrup rather than sugar—making them a healthy treat for friends and family.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
1. In a food processor, blend up the pecans into a fine meal.
2. Then add the pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Continue to pulse until everything is well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and milk on medium-low heat. Stir often until the chocolate becomes smooth.
Get a standard-sized muffin tin and place some liners into it. Silicone liners make the removal super simple.
3. Place a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each cup.
4. Stick the muffin pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Once it’s frozen, add the pumpkin/pecan mixture and then top the cups with more chocolate.
6. Stick back into the freezer for a few hours to firm them up. Take them out of the freezer and let sit for about five minutes. Then, eat and enjoy!