8 appetizer servingsUS
- 8small portabella mushrooms or 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2leeks, all of white and part of light green, sliced
- 1garlic clove, pressed
- 2large avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 4ounces goat cheese
- 3tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- fresh rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Remove stems, if necessary, and reserve for another use, if desired.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leek and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Stir together avocado and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in leek mixture.
- Press goat cheese evenly into mushroom caps; top evenly with avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, and drizzle with olive oil. Place on rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake 5 more minutes. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.