Cajun Style Oven Fries | Health Foods
- 4medium potatoes
- 1⁄4teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4teaspoon thyme
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1⁄8teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, sugar, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Tabasco sauce, and oil; mix well into a paste.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; pour a small amount of oil onto foil and spread with a paper towel.
- Peel potatoes and slice into french fry shapes.
- Place fries in a plastic bag with paste and work paste onto fries; alternatively you can do this in a bowl, but the bag method is easier.
- Place fries on lined baking sheet, trying not to let edges touch.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes (your time may vary with the size fry you cut); turn once during cooking to brown underside.