Author Notes: When I came up with this recipe, I was thinking about things that are encrusted, such as Scotch eggs, potato crusted fish, etc. while eating avocado. The chicharrones seemed like a good idea because of the contrast of crunch and salt. —Liz Prueitt
- 1California avocado
- 1bag (about 6 ounces) chicharrones, crushed into very small pieces
- 1teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt (optional; taste how salty the chicharrones are)
- 1lime, cut in half
- Halve the avocado and discard the pit. Scoop each half out of its skin with a large spoon, keeping the shape intact.
- Mix the rest of the dry ingredients together. The chicharrones should be finely crushed, but not powder. They should be like very small bread crumbs.
- Coat the avocado with the mixture, gently pressing it into the avocado. Completely coat and serve immediately with the fresh lime squeezed over just before eating.