- 2cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6ounces white candy coating (see note above)
- 2 -3teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3drops green food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup milk.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8-in. square pan; (I personally prefer to line the pan with foil and grease the foil with butter) chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares.