Author Notes: Gâteau au yaourt is the definition of an “anytime cake”—not only because you’ll want to eat it anytime, but because you can make it anytime, too. According to (…more) —Sarah Jampel
Makes one 10-inch cake
- 250milliliters (1 cup) whole milk plain yogurt
- 2large eggs
- 160grams (3/4 cup plus 1 scant tablespoon) sugar (1 1/2 yogurt tubs—see headnote)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80milliliters vegetable oil (1 scant yogurt tub—see headnote)
- 250grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour (4 yogurt tubs—see headnote)
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 350° F and line a round 10-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture, mixing only until all traces of flour disappear. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.