- 1medium cucumber
- 2 -3ounces of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2ripe avocado, peeled pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3tablespoons sour cream
- cayenne pepper
- 3tablespoons chopped green onions, including green stems
- Cut 18 rounds from cucumber (about 1/4 inch thick) and save any leftover for another use. Top each round with a thin slice of salmon cut to fit. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the salmon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place avocado, sour cream, 1 teaspoon pf lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a food processor and process until smooth and blended.
- Garnish each cucumber slice with a dollop of avocado cream and sprinkle with green onions.