Author Notes: This blend makes a dough that crisps nicely where it touches the pan, but stays soft and pillowy in the center. —Erin McDowell
Makes 2 pounds
- 4cups (482 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3cup (54 grams) semolina flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons (6 grams) fine sea salt
- 1tablespoon (9 grams) instant active dry yeast
- 1/3cup (81 grams) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2cups (363 grams) warm water
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, mix the all purpose flour, semolina flour, salt, and yeast to combine.
- Add the olive oil and water and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Raise speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size, about 45 minutes-1 hour. At this point, the dough can be used or wrapped tightly and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.