Delicious Chicken Pot Pie | Health Foods
Delicious Chicken Pot Pie
- 1cup potato, diced
- 1cup onion, diced
- 1cup celery, diced
- 1cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄3cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2cup all-purpose flour
- 2cups chicken broth
- 1cup half-and-half
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 4cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2pie crusts (either store bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and half and half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.