- 4 -5lbs pork ribs
- 3tablespoons dry rub seasonings (use your favorite, I use Rustic Spice Rub (Bulk))
- 1cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite, I use BBQ Sauce: Sweet and Spicy)
- Pre-heat oven to 250* F.
- Season all sides of the ribs with your favorite rub.
- Using a 13x9x2 baking dish (or most likely a larger 15x11x2), place the ribs into the pan, do not over crowd. If using Baby Back slabs, place bone side facing up. If using individual Country Style (St. Louis), lay on their side.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place on center rack of pre-heated oven. Bake for approximately 2 1/2 – 3 hours (depending on the size of the ribs you are using).
- Remove the ribs from oven and drain any grease from dish; reserving the foil for later use (waste not, want not). Flip the ribs over (meaty side up) and slather with your favorite BBQ sauce and return the dish to the oven (un-covered) for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove the ribs to a platter, loosely tent the platter with the reserved foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes. (This step is important — the resting period gives the ribs time to re-distribute their juices, just like a steak would).