- ounces fettuccine noodles
- 2 1/2
- cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2
- cups broccoli florets
- cup shredded carrots
- cup peanut butter
- tablespoon chili garlic paste
- teaspoon soy sauce
- teaspoon sesame oil
- cup chopped peanuts
- cup cilantro
- Break the fettuccine noodles in half and place in a slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except for the peanuts and cilantro, to the slow cooker and stir to mix things up as best you can.
- Cover slow cooker and cook for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from slow cooker and place in a serving dish. Top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Let’s be real here for a minute.
Is there anything in this world better than a pile of takeout and an endless stream of Netflix? Of course not.
Except, sometimes people live in an area that just doesn’t have the best takeout options. Sometimes those people are me. Sometimes I suck it up and eat the bad takeout, and sometimes I take 5 minutes (no, really! just five minutes) to toss some noodles and peanut butter and chili garlic paste into my slow cooker for a ridiculous Thai-inspired dinner that is perfect served alongside Netflix. Or friends and family. Whatevs.
So, let’s do this, shall we?
Toss a bunch of stuff in a slow cooker. Man, this is tough. You want some fettuccine noodles, chili garlic paste (add more or less depending on how tough you are!), peanut butter and some veggies. Your mom said you had to eat them and she knows what she’s talking about, okay?
Stir things up. Try to smear that peanut butter all up in there. It’ll look a mess, but things are going to work. Have faith.
Cook that up for 45 minutes. I mean, you totally have time for one more episode while it’s cooking, right?
Plate ‘er up and top with some peanuts and cilantro. Heaven. In a bowl. This is the easiest thing you’ll do all week.