Easy Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese | Health Foods
Easy Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese
- 16ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 1⁄4cup flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1dash black pepper
- 2cups milk
- 2cups shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, and cook for 3-5 minutes to form a roux; add salt and pepper; slowly add milk, stirring well after each addition.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese a small amount at a time until fully melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat.