- 1 1⁄2cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2large firm tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder
- 2green onions, chopped
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4cup additional parmesan cheese
- crumbled bacon (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine crumbs, butter and the Parmesan cheese.
- Press into greased 9″ pie plate and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Re-set oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Spread tomatoes in a layer on the crumb crust.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder, and green onions.
- Mix eggs with half and half and the grated Swiss cheese, then pour over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the additional Parmesan (and crumbled bacon, if using) over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serves 6.