Radical Changes with Paleo
The paleo diet is based on the premise of adopting a natural, whole foods diet that resembles the diet of our ancestors. But this isn’t just another fad diet plan. If you ask me, this is one of the healthiest nutrition mindsets out there and I have seen some radical changes in friends who have adapted it.
What Foods are Eliminated on the Paleo Diet?
Since it’s based on the diet of our ancestors, it doesn’t include any foods that resulted from the agricultural revolution. That means no wheat or products containing wheat on the paleo diet. Although it may sound challenging, the results are pretty amazing when it comes to fat loss. Read my recent article, Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight.
The paleo diet actually excludes all grains. The traditional approach also eliminates dairy products. No milk, yogurt, or cheese. If these rules sound like too much of a challenge, start off by cutting back to non-wheat grains like oats, and buy only organic dairy products.
For more information on what you can and cannot eat on the paleo diet, check out my more comprehensive Paleo Diet Food List here. It will help get you started.
One Week Paleo Diet Meal Plan
For this meal plan, I’m only outlining 3 meals a day. But you should be eating 2-3 healthy snacks in-between to keep your metabolism boosted. Again, simply refer to my Paleo Diet Food List for some great paleo snack ideas!
- Breakfast: 3-egg omelet with veggies & ½ avocado, 1 banana
- Lunch: fresh spinach salad with salmon filet & veggies
- Dinner: chicken breast with steamed broccoli & baked sweet potato
- Breakfast: paleo smoothie made with 1 banana, almond milk, ice, & plant-based Gardenia All Natural Vegan Protein
- Lunch: quinoa salad with prawns & grilled veggies
- Dinner: grilled chicken or beef skewers with green peppers & side salad