- 1⁄2cup finely minced shallot
- 1⁄2lb butter
- 1⁄2cup flour
- 1quart water
- 1tablespoon chicken base
- 1(14 ounce) can baby clams, with juice
- 1⁄2lb uncooked shrimp, cleaned, shelled, deveined
- 1⁄3lb cod, boneless, leave in one piece
- 1⁄3lb salmon, skinless, boneless, leave in one piece
- 2⁄3lb cooked crabmeat, chopped
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- Sauté minced shallots in butter until soft.
- Add the flour and stir with whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, set aside.
- Bring one quart of water to a boil and add chicken base, clams, crab, shrimp and whole pieces of salmon and cod.
- Return to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the stock, reserving the seafood.
- Stir the shallot mixture into the stock.
- Add the heavy cream and half and half to the stock, bring to a simmer on low heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Chunk the salmon and cod and add all of the seafood back into the soup pot.
- Add the sherry and heat through, no more than 3 minutes.