- 2lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2lb bacon, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 3⁄4cup onion, minced
- 1⁄3cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon salt
- 8ounces chavrie goat cheese
- 2tablespoons chives, cut 1/2 inch for garnish
- Place the potatoes in a medium-size pot and cover them with enough water to extend 2 inches above the surface of the potatoes. Salt the water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Set aside in a warm place.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once crisp, place on a paper towel-lined plate
- Pour off the rendered fat, reserving 1/4 cup in the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the onion. Cook until translucent about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the vinegar, sugar, mustard, and salt and stir until thick and bubbly. Add the diced, cooked potatoes and toss to coat.
- Top with crumbled Chavrie® Goat Log, bacon and garnish with the chives.
- Serve warm.