I first shared this Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp recipe on Recipe Girl. There’s no better way to enjoy shrimp than with a bit of heat and sweet in this Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp with a cool and refreshing Avocado Dip.
We’re enjoying our apartment life in New York but one of the things I miss most about our townhouse in good ole Omaha is our beloved grill. We really got some good use out of it and man does it turn out some tasty meat, veggies, and seafood like this Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp. Thankfully we were able to still get the same great taste on the stove top.
This shrimp is amazing! Like, I could eat this whole pound of shrimp myself. That good! It’s got a hint of sweetness and a bit of spice and the greatest thing is that it’s super easy! Isn’t that what we all want? A meal that tastes amazing but takes little effort? Heck yes!
Do yourself a favor and buy your shrimp already peeled and deveined. Frozen (and thawed) works great! Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the seasonings with the lime juice and honey and let it all marinate with the shrimp while you soak your wooden skewers if grilling. While you’re waiting you can make the most delicious avocado dip.
This dip is cool and refreshing so it’s the perfect pair to the sweet and spicy shrimp. Not only is it yummy but it’s healthy! All it takes is an avocado, non-fat Greek yogurt, milk, lime, cilantro, and some ranch seasoning. And now I just want to eat everything with this scrumptious avocado dip.
You can serve this Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp as an appetizer, main dish, or in a salad. All I know is I want to eat this all day, every day! Tomorrow I’ll be sharing how we like to make it into a healthy complete meal.
Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
For the Avocado Dip:
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For Grilling the Shrimp:
- Let skewers soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the honey, oil, juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper together and let the shrimp marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place shrimp on skewers and grill over high heat for 2 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, fresh lime juice, and serve with Avocado Dip.
For Sauteing the Shrimp:
- Mix the honey, oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper together and let the shrimp marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place an extra 1 tablespoon oil in a cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high. Add the shrimp and marinade and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with avocado dip.