- 1cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2(14 ounce) cans chicken broth(Swanson Brand)
- 1garlic clove (chopped)
- 1⁄2teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 -3tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4chopped onion
- 1⁄8–1⁄4chopped green bell pepper
- 1chopped fresh tomato
- 6 -7teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄4cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Crush garlic and cumin together in mocajete.
- Add small amount of chicken broth to mocajete.
- Place oil in pan. Add rice and cook until lightly browned.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan.
- Saute a few minutes, then add the fresh tomatoes and cook a few more minutes.
- Add the liquid from the mocajete to the pan with the rest of the chicken broth.Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, add frozen peas.
- Cover and simmer on medium to low flame until liquid is absorbed.