Mick Mcgurk's Cheese Biscuits (Cookies) | Health Foods
Mick Mcgurk’s Cheese Biscuits (Cookies)
- 8ounces butter, melted
- 10ounces self-raising flour
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-1teaspoon salt
- 8ounces cheddar cheese, grated (use tasty, sharp, strong)
- 1⁄2cup desiccated coconut (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a large bowl. I do this in the microwave.
- Add flour, cayenne and salt. Mix well. You can use a hand mixer at this stage.
- Add grated cheese and mix well. You may need to use a wooden spoon to mix. Please use a nice cheese that has some bite.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls.
- Roll in coconut.
- Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake until golden — about 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them, especially if your oven runs hot.