Satisfy your salt cravings with homemade potato chips rather than prepackaged ones from the store. Simply use your microwave to make healthy, low-calorie chips in minutes.
- 1 large potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
1. Cut the potato into 1/8- or 1/16-inch-thick slices. Immediately stick the slices into a bowl of cold water.
2. Continue to rinse the slices in cold water until the starchy water is gone and only clear water remains.
3. Dry all potato slices thoroughly with a dish cloth.
4. Arrange slices in a single layer on a plate on top of paper towels. Make sure the slices do not touch or they will stick together.
5. Brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
6. Microwave the slices on high for three minutes. Then flip the slices over and microwave for another three minutes. Continue microwaving in 1-minute intervals until potatoes are golden and crispy.