- 1⁄4cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons lime zest, freshly grated
- 1cup soymilk
- 1⁄4cup canola oil
- 2tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4cup margarine
- 1tablespoon soymilk
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon tequila
- tiny drop green food coloring
- 2 -2 1⁄2cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1pinch kosher salt or 1 pinchcoarse salt
- 1⁄2cup large crystal decorator sugar (to decorate edge of cupcakes)
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat together lime juice, zest, soy milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine into the wet ingredients and mix until smotth.
- Fill liners about 3/4 fill. I use an ice-cream scoop. Baek 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a cooling ratck and cook completely before frosting.
- Icing: Blend margarine until soft and fluffy; stir in soy milk, lime juice, tequila and food coloring. Use only the tiniest bit of food coloring.
- Sift in 2 cups confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional confectioner sugar if the icing appears too liquidy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread icing on the cupckaes spreading all the way to the edges.
- Roll the outer edge of the cupcakes in the sugar crystals.