My Family's Favorite Sloppy Joes | Health Foods
My Family’s Favorite Sloppy Joes
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 -3stalks celery, chopped
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4cup ketchup
- 1⁄4cup barbecue sauce (your favorite, we use Open Pit)
- 1tablespoon firmly packedbrown sugar
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion.
- Drain the fat, who needs it?.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If Joes appear too’loose’, leave cover off and let moisture evaporate.
- Cook until it’s the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns, with french fries and cole slaw.