Crust (make 2)
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3cup shortening, plus
- 1tablespoon shortening
- 2 -3tablespoons cold water
- 4cups raspberries, buy them when they’re in season and freeze them in two-cup portions
- 1⁄2cup flour
- 1cup sugar, if you’re using a sweeter berry like strawberries you can cut the sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in shortening with either a fork or pastry blender.
- Sprinkle in cold water 1 teaspoon at a time until flour is moist enough to form a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, role the ball of dough out into an 8 inch circle.
- Repeat above steps to make second crust.
- Place first crust into pie plate and set second crust aside
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into a 8 inch pie plate lined with one crust.
- Lay other crust on top, trim edges and minutes.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.