- 6green peppers
- 1lb extra lean ground beef, I prefer 90% lean
- 3⁄4cup long grain white rice, raw
- 1onion, chopped
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1(14 ounce) canoriginal stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2–3⁄4cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2-1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Wash peppers, cut tops off and remove core. Drain and chop stewed tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the chopped stewed drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Stuff peppers with this mixture and sit in the crockpot standing up. Trim bottoms of any especially wonky peppers though they should stand and up packed nicely.
- Combine tomato soup, chili sauce, the rest of the chopped tomatoes and reserved stewed tomato liquid. Check the consistency as you may not need all of the reserved tomato liquid.
- Pour sauce over peppers.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. This can take less or more time as crockpots differ wildly.