Paleo Diet Food List
The paleo diet is one of the most popular diets currently being adopted by fitness enthusiasts and dieters alike.
So what’s all the rage? And what exactly can you eat on the paleo diet?
The paleo diet is meant to reflect the diet of our ancestors – hence the name “paleolithic diet” or paleo for short. This means a diet before the luxuries of farmed and packaged foods, including mass-produced wheat and corn.
What it results in is a diet that’s high in lean protein, vitamin and nutrient rich, fiber dense, and carb-healthy – because pretty much all of your carbs are coming from vegetables, fruits, and nuts. This makes it an ideal diet if you’re trying to lose weight, burn excess fat, or just get toned and ripped.
It’s also a diet that’s free of all junk food, fast food, and highly processed food. On this one, you need to get as natural as possible.
But what exactly can you eat on the paleo diet? Let’s take a look…
The Paleo Diet Food List
First, the paleo diet is high in protein, which makes it ideal for boosting your metabolism and supporting lean muscle growth. Your protein options on the paleo diet include the following:
- Lean game meats like turkey, chicken, beef, and buffalo.
- Wild fish like salmon, tuna, and tilapia, as well as shell fish.
- Eggs – go organic, free range if possible.
- Nuts of any kind, with some of the best options being almonds and walnuts.
- Natural, vegetable-based protein supplements like Vega Complete Whole Food Protein and Vega Whole Food Energy Bars.
Notice that dairy products are not on this list. A traditional paleo diet includes no dairy, but if you do decide to include some in your diet, make sure you go with organic options. Organic non-fat Greek yogurt is probably your best option.