Perfect Chocolate Brownies | Health Foods
Perfect Chocolate Brownies
- 3⁄4cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4cup shortening
- 2 1⁄4cups sugar
- 4large eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13″ pan.
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in cocoa.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients then stir in nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, before cutting into 2×2″ squares.
- I have read all the great reviews and learned from them, thank you all. Now I line my pan with buttered alumunin foil or parchment paper. This works very well.