- 2cups flour
- 1cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4cup vegetable oil
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup icing sugar
- orange sprinkles (optional)
- In large bowl, sift and whisk flour,sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set a side.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, blend in pumpkin, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour over dry ingredients stir until just moistened.
- Spoon into large paper-lined muffins cups or spray with Pam. Filling to top.
- Bake at 375 oven 18-22 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla, beat in sugar until smooth. Spread on cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles or a butterscotch chip on top.
- Varitation to this is to add a handful of butterscotch baking chips into the mix just before baking.