- 1⁄2cup flour (can use 3/4 cup flour)
- 1teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄2teaspoon white salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4lbs beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 3 -5tablespoons oil
- 2onions, chopped
- 1 -2tablespoon minced fresh garlic(optional)
- 1cup tomato sauce
- 1cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4cup molasses
- 1⁄4cup cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper (optional) orTabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
Check Out Our Top Meat Recipe
- Grease a roasting pan (large enough to hold the ribs and sauce).
- In a shallow dish combine flour with seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Dredge the ribs in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add in ribs and brown on all sides; remove to the roasting pan.
- Place the chopped onions over the ribs.
- In a saucepan mix together the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, molasses, cider vinegar and fresh garlic (if using) bring to a boil and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs and onions.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 300 degree oven for 3-4 hours or until ribs are tender.