Taco Bell Mexican Pizza – Copycat | Health Foods
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza – Copycat
- 1⁄2lb ground beef
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon diced minced onion
- 1⁄4teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons chili powder(Spanish is best)
- 2tablespoons water
- 8(6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1cup cooking oil
- 1(16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄3cup diced tomato
- 2⁄3cup mild picante sauce
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4cup sliced black olives
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat until brown, then drain.
- Return meat to pan and add the salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water.
- Let mixture simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, fry each tortilla for about 30-45 seconds per side and drain on paper towels.
- Be sure to pop any bubbles that form when frying so that the tortilla lays flat in the oil.
- Tortillas should become golden brown.
- Heat refried beans.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stack each pizza by first spreading 1/3 C beans on one tortilla.
- Next add 1/3 C meat, then another tortilla.
- Top the second tortilla with 2 T of salsa.
- Divide the tomato, cheese, onions and olives evenly and top in that order.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.