- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 4 -6cups chicken broth or 4 -6 cupsvegetable broth
- 1(14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1(9 ounce) packagefresh tortellini or 1 (9 ounce) packagedried tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1⁄4cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.