Vegetable Chowder | Health Foods
- 3cups diced peeled potatoes (1-inch dice)
- 2 1⁄2cups broccoli florets
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1cup grated carrot
- 2cups diced celery
- 4teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 3cups water
- 3⁄4cup butter
- 4cups milk
- 1cup cooked diced ham (1-inch cubes)
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4cup flour
- In a soup kettle add all vegetables and the 3 cups water and chicken bouillon.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until nice and bubbly.
- Whisk in milk; bring to a boil.
- Add this to the vegetable-water mixture in soup kettle.
- Bring all to a simmer and add ham and shredded cheese.
- Bring to a simmer again and cook until cheese is melted and all is heated through.
- Serve and ENJOY!