- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1small yellow onion, chopped
- 1stalk celery, chopped
- 1red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1jalapeno pepper, de-seeded, minced (or to taste-can substitute hot sauce or a dash of cayenne for the heat)
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1(19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 -5tablespoons of your favoritechunky salsa
- 1⁄2teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon chili powder (I like the color this gives the beans)
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground coriander(your choice)
- 8taco shells
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- hot sauce
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- black olives
- sour cream
- In large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, celery, red or green pepper, jalapeno, and garlic until softened.
- Add garbanzo beans, spices, and a couple tsp of salsa.
- Stir until heated through.
- I like to fit the taco shells in a baking pan, spoon in filling evenly into the shells and bake in a 300°F oven for 5 minutes or so.
- It helps the shells from falling apart when you take the first bite.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings.