- 1 1⁄3cups sugar
- 1⁄2cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2cup orange juice
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2cups shredded zucchini
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4cup milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2-2cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.