Looking for an easy, healthy, but totally delicious recipe for tonight’s dinner?
Whether you cook for yourself or have an entire family to feed, finding easy, healthy meals can be a big challenge. And after a long day at work, you also want something that makes you feel good and satisfies the hunger you’ve likely worked up.
What better comfort food than meatballs? I’ve come up with a delicious and super healthy meatball recipe that’s not only easy, it’s pretty quick too!
Here’s the recipe first. Then I’ll tell you why it’s so healthy.
Healthy Meatball Recipe – What You Need:
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 4 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup of green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of quick oats
- 1/3 cup of reduced fat feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of freah ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Healthy Meatball Recipe – What to Do:
In a large mixing bowl, unpack the ground turkey and add in your large ingredients first (garlic, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, oats, feta). Incorporate them well, then add remaining dry ingredients and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix thoroughly (usually easier to use your hands).