Want to know something that kind of bums me out? October 31st hits and pumpkin just disappears. I feel like pumpkin totally gets dubbed as an October-only thing and that’s just not okay! How sad would you be if society said that peanut butter is only allowed to be a thing during the month of April. Um, not okay.
I am super excited for the next few weeks. Why? I AM HOME!!!!! I don’t have any travel plans until Thanksgiving, which means I can actually have some what of a normal person routine. Come to think of it, the only travel plans I have for the rest of the year are Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving this year is a combination of Chicago and Mexico. The actual holiday will be spent with my family in Chicago and then I’ll be heading to Tulum, Mexico to celebrate one of my best friend’s weddings. I can NOT wait to see Sam and Jake tie the knot! For Christmas and Hanukkah I’ll be headed back to Chicago to be with the fam-a-lam again. There might be a Milwaukee trip thrown in there somewhere, but we will see!
This rice pudding is calling your name. It’s a spin off of my Vanilla Almond Milk Latte Rice Pudding from last year, which you guys went CRAY for.
It actually tastes like pumpkin pie, but in rice pudding form. Confession: I ate this for breakfast with a giant scoop of peanut butter on top. OH MY GAAHHHHHHHHH.
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 2.5 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Place 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups almond milk, ¼ cup maple syrup and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in a medium-size pot and turn to high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 30-35 minutes. At this point, there should still be some liquid left.
- Add in ½ cup pumpkin puree and continue to let simmer for an additional 10-20 minutes or until the brown rice is cooked through and the consistency is thick. Add in ½ cup more of almond milk and mix.
- Serve hot.