These Paleo Cashew Butter Cookies are grain-free and oil-free, made with coconut sugar for sweetness. They taste exactly like a Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie!
I pretty much ALWAYS have some sort of frozen baked good in my freezer, no matter what. I get asked all the time what I do with all the food I make (because I make a lot). The answer is that the majority of the baked goods get thrown in freezer bags and frozen for later. Some things like fresh herbs and citrus end up getting tossed, but I wouldn’t let delicious, paleo treats go to waste, believe me!
I kid you not, I’ve tried 10 times to make the perfect grain-free chocolate chip cookie.
If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.
Boom baby. I made 2 batches of these guys and even gave them out to my fit foodie friends to taste test. I got 2 thumbs up from all of them!
So. These Paleo Cashew Butter Cookies are….
- Crunchy on the outside
- Soft and gooey on the inside
- Made with a cashew butter base
- Better than Tollhouse
Yah, you read that right. These are BETTER than Tollhouse and you’ve got my word on that!
If you asked Blake what he thought about these cookies, he wouldn’t know. Because I hid them.
If I like something that much, I’ll stuff em in a bag and hide them behind the frozen berries so he doesn’t find them. #moreformelessforyou #sorrynotsorry
For those of you who don’t have easy access to cashew butter (I get mine from Trader Joe’s or make my own)…no worries! I tried this recipe with almond butter and it works like a charm. Let me note that my nut butters were very drippy. Meaning that they were so drippy, I could drizzle the nut butter on my oats. Keep that in mind when following the recipe. You ultimately want your “dough” to look and feel exactly like cookie dough would. If not’s too dry/dense, add in a few teaspoons of almond milk. If it’s too liquidy, slowly add in morecoconut flour (we’re talking teaspoons at a time).
- 1 cup creamy cashew butter, unsalted (if you’re using salted, omit additional salt from recipe)
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place wet ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk until combined. Then, add in dry ingredients and mix. The dough should be similar “cookie dough.” Depending on how oily your cashew butter is (mine was VERY oily), you may need to add a few tablespoons of almond milk.
- Place dough in refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- Then, using a 1-inch cookie scoop, roll dough into a ball between your hands and place onto cookie sheet. Use your palm to slightly flatten. Repeat
- Bake at 375º for ~10 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from pan.