The Goal of a Six Pack
Getting six pack abs is no easy task. It takes just the right balance of diet and exercise – and trust me, without a healthy diet, your hard work will never shine through!
As a trainer and fitness coach, I understand how confusing all those diet tips can be. You’ve probably heard that you need to reduce your fat and sugar intake, cut down on carbs, and get more protein in your diet, but sometimes the application of these rules can be a challenge.
That’s why I’m breaking things down for you and offering up a detailed 4-day meal plan designed especially for women looking to get sexy, ripped abs!
Although healthy eating rules apply to both men and women, women definitely have their own dietary needs. First and foremost, increasing lean muscle mass is more difficult, and your metabolism is a bit slower as a result. This is why getting extra protein and cutting back on carbs are key diet rules to live by.
So here it is, a six pack diet plan for women to support an active, healthy lifestyle. And remember, this is just a starting point.
Six Pack Diet Plan for Women
- Breakfast – 1 cup of oatmeal with soy milk, blueberries, and a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Snack – Protein shake made with Optimum 100% Natural Whey or Gardenia All Natural Vegan Protein, vanilla almond milk, and ¼ cup of frozen or fresh fruit.
- Lunch – Mixed greens salad with grilled chicken breast, tomato, cucumbers, pickled beets, green peppers, low-fat feta cheese (a sprinkle), and low-fat Greek salad dressing.
- Snack – ¼ cup of fat-free Greek yogurt and some fresh fruit.
- Dinner – Stir-fried vegetables, 1 grilled chicken breast, and ¼ cup of cooked quinoa (add olive oil, lemon, and garlic for taste).
Tip: Pre-workout – Have half a banana and a plant-based natural pre-workout energy matrix like Essential Amino Energy to really take your workout to the next level.