10 Low Calorie Recipes
Meal options are half the battle when it comes to reading your weight loss goals. If you don’t have enough variety on your menu, boredom will set in before you know it.
Although I’m not a big fan calorie counting, making low calorie choices can definitely have a big impact on your weight loss success. The problem with eating too many calories is that you need to burn them off, otherwise they’ll be stored as fat. For more information on how to do it right, read my article on Calorie Intake to Lose Weight here. My best recommendation? Eat healthy, watch calorie content and portion sizes, and fit in some regular exercise!
Now, let’s take a look at 10 easy and quick low calorie recipes to keep you on track! All of these recipes are under 500 calories each.
10 Easy and Quick Low Calorie Recipes
1. Black Bean Breakfast Burrito
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon of salsa
- 2 tablespoons of low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
2. Heart Healthy BLT
- 2 slices of whole grain bread.
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 tomato slices
- 2-3 leaves of lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of light mayo
Directions: Cook turkey bacon in the microwave. Toast bread and spread on mayo. Add remaining topics and serve with a side of pickles or carrots.
3. Quick Pesto Chicken
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 ounces of chopped cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon of pine nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup of basil, chopped
Directions: Sauté garlic and chicken in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add pine nuts and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with pasta of choice.
4. Turkey and Avocado Wrap