These pancakes may be festive, but they’re also healthy for you and your family. The bananas provide the potassium, the apples are full of soluble and insoluble fiber, and pumpkin is a great source of antioxidants. So make your mornings a little more cheerful and indulge in these healthy holiday pancakes!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
Makes: 14 to 16 pancakes
1. In a medium bowl mix the pancake mix with the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
2. In another bowl mix the pumpkin puree, vanilla, and water.
3. Gently stir the puree mix into the dry ingredients until just combined, then fold in the banana slices.
4. Heat a griddle to medium and use about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake.
5. As the first side is cooking, arrange the apple slices on the uncooked side in any pattern you like. Cook for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve with chopped nuts and syrup or a dollop of whipped cream.