Healthy & Cheap Recipes
Many people believe that eating healthy means spending money. But with the right tools and a little know-how, you can totally enjoy meals that are both healthy and cheap!
Before I get to some of my best healthy and cheap recipes, here are a few tricks to keep in mind…
- Watch for organic produce to go on sale. You can get some pretty good deals if you keep your eye open!
- Hide vegetables in your cooking. This is an easy way to add a lot of nutritional value to your meals.
- Keep ingredients simple. The simpler you go, the healthier things will be, and the less money you’ll waste on fancy packaging and hyped up brand names.
- Invest in a few super food ingredients that last a while, and add them to your cooking whenever you can. Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil is a great metabolism-boosting ingredient!
- Balance your meals so that they have a good balance of healthy nutrients. Fiber is one relatively cheap ingredient that you can easily get more of, simply by switching to whole grains. You can also buy an affordable fiber supplement like the healthy Psyllium Husk Powder to add to your meals!
Now let’s look at 3 healthy and cheap recipes to keep you going through the week. You can easily borrow the ideas from these simple recipes and make up some of your own!
3 Healthy & Cheap Recipes
Healthy & Cheap Recipe #1 – Tuna Rotini