Hi friends! Happy Sunday, and Happy National Margarita Day. I’m never really into those national food holidays… unless they include chocolate or cocktails. ?
The Pilot and I enjoyed this sweet and spicy concoction last night:
Frozen strawberries with a jalapeño-infused honey simple syrup, fresh lime, triple sec, and tequila.
Quite the fiesta in your face. ?
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
A sweet and spicy twist on the classic ‘rita.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 1 1x
- For the jalapeño-infused simple syrup: (you will have enough for at least two margaritas, but feel free to double it!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
For the margarita
- .75 oz (1/2 shot) tequila
- .75 oz triple sec
- 1.5 oz jalapeño simple syrup (recipe below)
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- To make the simple syrup, combine the honey and water in a small pot on high heat. Whisk well as the liquid heats up. Once it starts to bubble, remove from heat, and add the jalapeño. Let cool to room temperature.
- Next, blend the margarita ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Tip: make extra simple syrup to store and have on hand!
- Serving Size: 1
I took some time yesterday to put together our meal plan and start to prep for the week.
Here’s what’s on the menu:
Grill chicken for salads
Make tempeh bacon (I’ve been seriously hankering for some)
Make grain-free chocolate chip muffins
Try making homemade fruit snacks for Liv ?
Chicken enchiladas with cauliflower Mexican rice and black beans
Slow cooker healthy hearty chili
Broccoli, chicken and rice casserole
The “crunch” chopped salad
Nothing too crazy happening on the fitness front. Since I’ve been traveling, I’ve missed a couple of weeks of flamenco- getting back into it this week!
Monday: Teach BODYPUMP and teach spin
Tuesday: Flamenco (I consider it active recovery since I’m still a beginner and still learning technique. Things like this are far away haha.)
Wednesday: Teach spin + Barre
Friday: Teach BODYPUMP
Saturday: Teach Zumba
Are you planning and prepping for the week? What’s your fitness schedule looking like? Hope you have a happy and relaxing Sunday!