Make these raw mint brownies for a no-bake, paleo and vegan-friendly dessert that only requires a few ingredients! No food coloring required!
YOU GUYS. This frosting.
I am so proud of THIS FROSTING.
I legitimately went leaps and bounds to find matcha powder. Clearly I should have ordered it on Amazon to score the best deal, but I ended up finding it at Whole Foods. I used a few teaspoons of matcha powder to turn the frosting green and added peppermint extract to give it to a delicious minty flavor. PERFECT combo.
I would highly suggest making these if you are going to any sort of St. Patty’s Day Party.
Green frosting. How much better can it get?
I have been using coconut cream in EVERYTHING lately. I love that it can double as whipped cream and frosting. It’s also easily flavored, so in this recipe, you can barely taste the coconuttyness of the coconut cream.
I keep multiple cans of full fat coconut milk in my fridge at all times. Blake is always so confused about this. I don’t think he realizes that all of the frosting/whip that I make is coconut based , It’s totally the worst when you go to make coconut whipped cream and you realize that the coconut milk need to be chilled in order for the water to separate from the cream. #whomp
- ~30 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup high quality cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond meal (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, chilled (the cream part)
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional Topping: ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted
- First, place 30 dates, 2 tablespoons of water, and vanilla in a food processor. Then, whirl on high until you’ve created a date paste. Add in cocoa powder and almond meal and whirl on high until you’ve created your “dough.” Set Aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll your dough out so that it’s about a half and inch thick. You can also use a 9×9 pan and your fingers to press the dough into the pan. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Then, using a hand mixer, mix for about a minute until everything is thoroughly whipped together.
- Using a spatula, spread frosting on top of brownie dough.
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes to let harden a bit. Then, slice into 16 squares.
- Optional: Squeeze on a drizzle of melted dairy-free chocolate chips.
- STORAGE: store these treats in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer (or the coconut cream topping will soften).