Day 3 of Sriracha Week is the Vietnamese Michelada that I have adapted from the Lucky Rice Cookbook. Lucky Rice is a New York-based Asian culinary organization that produces large scale Asian food festivals, including night markets, slurpfests, and cocktail events coast-to-coast across the United States. In addition they have released a new cook called Lucky Rice Stories and Recipes from Night Markets, Feasts, and Family Tables. It is now available everywhere books are sold including amazon. It is a beautiful book filled with amazing recipes and photos. I was drawn to the book by the wonderful Asian inspired cocktails including the one I am sharing today. This Vietnamese Michelada will trump all micheladas you have had in the past with the flavor additions of fish sauce, sriracha, and the togarashi spice mix. Want to spice up your cocktail recipes and pair them with some tasty Asian food? Go out and buy the Lucky Rice Cookbook for some Asian inspiration.
Recipe: Vietnamese Michelada
- spice mix rim (Togarashi spice mix to taste)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 dash of fish sauce
- 1 squeeze of Sriracha
- 1 12 ounce dry pale lager, like Asahi
- 1 star fruit or lime for garnish
- 1/2 cup of ice
Garnish: lime slice or star fruit
- Rim glass with Togarashi spice mixture
- Fill serving glass half way with ice, add lime juice, fish sauce, and Sriracha. Stir, then add beer leaving 1 inch at the top of the glass. Stir to marry all ingredients then top with top off again with beer.
– See more at: http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/vietnamese-michelada?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_880356#gs.khRCBG4